List:       linux-fbdev-devel
Subject:    [Linux-fbdev-devel] setting mode for tdfx driver
From:       David Lerner <dsl () zai ! com>
Date:       2003-04-20 15:09:40

I have been using the tdfx device with various kernels and it has
come up as desired with the kernel parameter
video=tdfx:1280x1024@61. This stoped working with kernel 2.5.66.

Digging through the source code reveals that the driver now responds
to the name tdfxfb. The Documentation/fb/modedb.txt file should be
updated to reflect this change. It reads:

     Drivers that support modedb boot options
     Boot Name     Cards Supported

     ami         - Amiga chipset frame buffer
     aty128fb    - ATI Rage128 / Pro frame buffer
     atyfb       - ATI Mach64 frame buffer
     tdfx        - 3D Fx frame buffer

It should read:

     Drivers that support modedb boot options
     Boot Name     Cards Supported

     amifb       - Amiga chipset frame buffer
     aty128fb    - ATI Rage128 / Pro frame buffer
     atyfb       - ATI Mach64 frame buffer
     tdfxfb      - 3D Fx frame buffer

A patch submission by the responsible maintainer will help others
using the tdfx/tdfxfb driver. I believe that the indicated change
for the ami driver is also required.

Thanks,
Dave