List:       linux-fbdev-devel
Subject:    [Linux-fbdev-devel] fb and multiple adapters
From:       Jon Smirl <jonsmirl () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-12-28 0:39:19

I'm looking into running framebuffers on multiple
video adapters. My current setup has an ATI AGP Radeon
9000 as the primary adapter and a ATI PCI Rage128 as
the secondary.

The Rage128 driver won't load in this config. So the
first thing I did was to add my board's id to it, PD.
Now I'm at the point where the expansion ROM isn't
enabled and the adapter isn't initialized.

Should I add code to aty128fb to enable the ROM and
execute the initialization code (like X does)? What
the overall policy towards framebuffers initializing
secondary adapters?

=====
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@yahoo.com