List:       linux-ext4
Subject:    Re: quota locking inversion with ext2
From:       Jan Kara <jack () suse ! cz>
Date:       2010-05-31 17:29:40

On Mon 31-05-10 11:47:04, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> ext2 + quota isn't too happy during xfstests 230:
  Hmm, this looks new. At least I haven't seen such lockdep trace last
week. Thanks for sending it to me.
  Looking at the lockdep trace is seems that tty->atomic_write_lock can be
held while we take page fault. So effectively it depends on the filesystem.
But quota (if you have CONFIG_PRINT_QUOTA_WARNING enabled, which is
obsolete by now) has to print quota warning to console so somewhere deep
inside the filesystem we have to take tty->atomic_write_lock.
  I currently don't know how to get rid of this dependency :( and I'm not
sure how much effort should we put into solving this when it's an obsolete
way of doing things...

									Honza
--
Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>