List:       linux-ext4
Subject:    Re: [Ext2-devel] ext3 64bit for 2.6.15
From:       Laurent Vivier <Laurent.Vivier () bull ! net>
Date:       2006-02-01 13:10:33

Le lun 30/01/2006 à 15:56, Jan Kara a écrit :
>   Hello,
>
> > I've ported 64bit patches for ext3 to kernel 2.6.15.
> > This port includes big_bg, extents and 64bit JBD.
> >
> > You can find patches at:
> >
> > http://www.bullopensource.org/ext4/
> >
> > Any comments ?
>   I've looked at the patches and it seems to me that the problems with
> the first_free_block/ino are not addressed (you posted once that they
> actually slow down the whole thing - is it still true)?
>   I suggested once where the source of the problems could be - see
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ext2-devel&m=113172553614339&w=2
>   for my old mail.

I've added a corrected version with your suggestions on the website:

http://www.bullopensource.org/ext4/64bit/64bit-kernel-2.6.15-20060201.tar.bz2

By the way, I propose binaries:

http://www.bullopensource.org/ext4/64bit/x86_64-20060201

If someone is interested, I can provide ia64 binaries too.

Regards,
Laurent
--
Laurent Vivier