List:       linux-embedded
Subject:    Re: minimum config for an ARM qemu target
From:       Tim Bird <tim.bird () am ! sony ! com>
Date:       2008-06-10 20:43:57

Michael Opdenacker wrote:
> Here's one such configuration:
> http://free-electrons.com/tmp/versatile_qemu_defconfig
> Or would you prefer to have the exact configuration I used last year? In
> this case, the configuration is in
> http://free-electrons.com/pub/qemu/demos/arm/directfb/1.0/

Thanks - this is just what I'm interested in.

I downloaded both, and it turns out that they're very similar:

diffconfig versatile_qemu_defconfig config-qemu-arm-2.6.20
-PRINTK_TIME  n
 INITRAMFS_SOURCE  "" -> "../rootfs"
 PRINTK  y -> n
+INITRAMFS_ROOT_GID  0
+INITRAMFS_ROOT_UID  0

Only PRINTK and PRINTK_TIME are different (from a size-affecting
perspective).

Thanks a bunch!
 -- Tim

P.S. I remember Matt saying that the linux-tiny list is deprecated, so
I'm copying (after the fact) linux-embedded on this thread.