List:       linux-elitists
Subject:    Re: [linux-elitists] How about a fork of Jessie without systemd?
From:       "D. Joe" <deejoe () etrumeus ! com>
Date:       2016-05-29 20:17:31

On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 08:14:47PM +0000, D. Joe wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 11:06:05PM -0400, Bob Bernstein wrote:
> > To anyone's knowledge are there projects afoot to create a new linux
> > distro representing, basically, Debian Jessie but without all the
> > systemd and Network Manager um stuff. Or, have I thus basically
> > defined a fork of Wheezy? Perhaps one of those is underway?
>
> Now that the smoke has cleared:
>
> https://devuan.org/
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devuan
>
> I haven't used it, am not endorsing it, but I think it matches the
> description given above.

Oh, holy carp, and I see that this was discussed a better part of a year ago
and I missed the reminder because I was not searching on body text.

Sorry.

Anyway, that seems like a good place to focus some of the, uh, energy that
this thread has attracted recently.

--
Joe   On ceding power to tech companies: http://xkcd.com/1118/
man screen | grep -A2 weird