List:       linux-elitists
Subject:    Re: [linux-elitists] SCaLE 7x
From:       Don Marti <dmarti () zgp ! org>
Date:       2009-01-15 18:22:24

begin Ilan Rabinovitch quotation of Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 02:19:06AM -0800:

> I know that the list has frowned on repeated posting of local events.
> As a result, Ive tried to limit event posting annual events once per
> year, rather than repeated regular spamming about smaller regularly
> occurring meetings.   I'd like to take this opportunity to let the
> elitists know about SCaLE 7x.

That's fine and on topic.  I look forward to seeing
you there.

The LinuxWorld Conference and Expo, I mean OpenSource
World, program committee is having a Birds of a
Feather session on Saturday evening, February 21st,
at 8pm.  Any ideas for helping turn LWCE into SCALE
North are welcome.

Point of order: If you have a regular local event that
you want to post to the list too, please go ahead,
but just put LOCAL and the name of the town in the
Subject, like this.

  Subject: LOCAL Baghdad: ILUG installfest Saturday

That way, people who don't want to read about a
far-away town can procmail your announcements out
without missing your contribution to the thread
about the difference between entropy and enthalpy,
or Procian and Halikaarnian thought, or whatever.

--
Don Marti                                        +1 510-814-0932
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/                          +1 510-332-1587 mobile