List:       linux-elitists
Subject:    Re: [linux-elitists] Fwd: [vox] Microsoft interested in our feelings
From:       "Karsten M. Self" <kmself () ix ! netcom ! com>
Date:       2003-12-22 8:32:28

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

on Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 10:28:12AM -0500, Jon Carnes (jonc@nc.rr.com) wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-12-21 at 08:59, James Morris wrote:
> > On Sun, 21 Dec 2003, Tim Potter wrote:
> >
> > > Why not do some of this kind of work for GNOME/KDE/Samba/$OTHER_OSS_PROJECT
> > > instead?
> >
> > Bingo.
> >
> > I wonder how Microsoft would react if we asked them to provide us with
> > access to their dyed-in-the-wool customers to find out why they still
> > haven't moved to Linux.
> >
> Well some Triluggers just gave a Linux Migration talk at the local NT
> users group (Triangle in NC). It was well attended and the folks were
> all *very* interested.
>
> It's happening - but at a grass roots level.

I've started attending PC UGs as well, and am pretty much stunned.  You
mention you use GNU/Linux, flash some Knoppix disks, and brace yourself
for the stampede.

There's a *lot* of restless natives out there.

Peace.

  The revolution will not be televised.
  You can apt-get it from the usual mirrors, however.     http://www.debian.org/