List:       linux-elitists
Subject:    [linux-elitists] FY;) Re: [Pigdog] how do I turn off all freebsd demons?
From:       Eugen Leitl <eugen () leitl ! org>
Date:       2002-04-21 18:32:00

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 11:25:33 -0700
From: Robert Munro <ramunro1@ix.netcom.com>
To: pigdog@pighaven.org
Subject: Re: [Pigdog] how do I turn off all freebsd demons? (fwd)

Trevor Johnson wrote:

> [...]
Paul obviously doesn't realize how much spiritual peril he's in.  From
the linked webpage:

"The real operating system hiding under the newest version of the
Macintosh operating system (MacOS X) is called... Darwin! That's right,
new Macs are based on Darwinism!"

"Furthermore, the Darwin OS is released under an "Open Source" license,
which is just another name for Communism. ...  Apple Computers promote
Godless Darwinism and Communism."

"Apparently the Darwin OS is not the original creation of Apple
Computers but is instead based off of an older, obsolete OS called "BSD
Unix". ... This OS -- and its Darwin offspring -- extensively use what
are called "daemons" (which is how Pagans write "demon" -- they are
notoriously poor spellers: magick, vampyre, etc.) ...."

"...not only is Macintosh based on Darwinism, but Darwinism is based on
Satanism."

"...the new MacOS X contains another Satanic holdover from the "BSD
Unix" OS...; to open up certain locked files one has to run a program
much like the DOS prompt in Microsoft Windows and type in a secret code:
"chmod 666". What other horrors lurk in this thing?"

"The first personal computer sold by Apple was priced by Steve Jobs and
his hippy friend Steve Wozniak at $666. Need we say more?"

* * *

So, Paul should obviously waste no time in exorcising Darwinism,
Communism, and Satanism from his home.  The first thing he should do is
remove all Apple computers, carefully wrap them in tinfoil inside their
original shipping containers, and ship them to the "whois" contact for
pighaven.org;  the experienced Apple exorcists there will render them
harmless.

But that won't be enough to suppress the contagion these infernal
machines inflicted on Paul's surroundings during their (hopefully brief)
infestation.  Those daemons probably spread into Paul's telephone and
cable-TV wires, as well as his electrical wiring and even his water
pipes.  To be certain of exorcising them, Paul will need to rip out all
these suspect facilities , down to the bare walls and foundation, cart
the trash outside, and hold a big bonfire and exorcism.  Then he can
settle down by his fireplace and read the Bible by candlelight, secure
in the knowledge that his home is pure once again.

~D.Idaho