List:       linux-elitists
Subject:    [linux-elitists] solving the Yahoogroups spam problem
From:       Eugen Leitl <eugen () leitl ! org>
Date:       2002-04-05 8:51:55

I need some advice.

Background is Yahoo's changed privacy policy (see below for context).
Because of this I'm moving all my lists to my private host, but there are
a few lists I don't own but care about I would like to offer an ad-free,
*stable* noncommercial alternative to migrate to. This involves the WTA
(20-odd lists), smartdrugs, digitalphilosophy, and a couple of others.

My current host is <http://phpwebhosting.com> which is great value for
money ($9.99/month) but has a few stupid limitations (qmail/ezmlm, no POP3
boxes if allowed full control of bernsteinware, etc). Since I don't have
my own colo box up yet which would solve all their hosting problems for
good, but would like to help a few Yahoogroups users migrate to a painless
*long-term stable* MailMan based architecture I welcome any suggestions.

TIA,
Eugen Leitl