List:       linux-edac
Subject:    Drivers ignoring early error bits?
From:       <viippu () tutanota ! com>
Date:       2017-10-06 14:51:03

Hi

Is there some non-hardware related reason why many drivers choose to clear the
error bits that have been set before the driver has initialized? I was looking
for the datasheets specifically for ie31200 and for random other drivers and
it seems to me that, for these drivers, the bits should already be in a usable
state when the driver can first access them. Don't we want to know if an error
has occurred before the edac subsystem can activate?

Thanks.