List:       linux-ecc
Subject:    Re: [ecc] Athlon XP motherboard w/ECC?
From:       Jaakko_Hyvätti <jaakko.hyvatti () iki ! fi>
Date:       2004-07-07 5:57:48

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Randall Nortman wrote:
> I'm looking for single CPU Athlon XP motherboards with ECC support,
> If anybody knows of an Athlon motherboard with ECC support that's less
> than $180 or so, please let me know.  Thanks!

  Hi!  I gave up with ECC support for Athlon 32bit a long time ago. Athlon
64 to the rescue.  The cheapest motherboards go for 100 euros and cheapest
Athlon 64 models for 200 euros including taxes, so you'll probably find
them for in the order of $100 and $200 in the USA.  Not as cheap as
non-ECC Athlon XP setup, but very cheap compared to anything else with
ECC.

  I have not used them yet, only dual Opterons, but probably will.

Jaakko

--
Foreca Ltd                                           Jaakko.Hyvatti@foreca.com
Pursimiehenkatu 29-31 B, FIN-00150 Helsinki, Finland     http://www.foreca.com