List:       linux-ecc
Subject:    Re: [ecc] Newbie question: Wrong reporting on 440BX chipsets? (asus p2-ds)
From:       Martin Maney <maney () pobox ! com>
Date:       2003-03-09 5:29:49

On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 02:56:26PM -0800, Jonathan Lundell wrote:
> No, it's being printed OK. The 440bx problem is simply that it's out
> of sync with the printing code.

Which was what I said was probably the case, yes.  I may have gotten my
comments cross-wired - the later official releases don't print the
chipset capabilities/mode stuff any more, but earlier versions did, and
my 0.11 fork still does, print a string lookup from cs.ecc_mode at
module load time.

> Try this in probe_440bx (untested):
>
> 	/* yes, bit is _zero_ if ecc is _enabled_. */
> 	bank[loop].eccmode = ((nbxcfg>>(loop+24))&1) ? ECC_NONE : cs.ecc_mode;

Looks good to me.

--
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on
a million typewriters will eventually reproduce

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/xaxhjB/hdqFAA/xGHJAA/0XFolB/TM