List:       linux-dvb
Subject:    Re: [linux-dvb] soft demux device
From:       Roland Mieslinger <rmie () gmx ! de>
Date:       2010-02-24 16:24:39

Hi,

> I have just compiled v4l-dvb successfully. My aim is to develop some experimental \
> dvb applications on top of this dvb kernel api. Initially, I do not want to use any \
> hardware and would like to play with the recorded ts files I have. So, is there any \
> software demux device available within this package or somewhere else? If so, how \
> can I load this device and make it work on a given ts file circularly? On the other \
> hand, I have no /dev/dvb node  at the moment, so should I do anything for this or \
> would loading the driver create it automatically?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ozgur.

maybe this is a good starting point for you:

 "I wrote a Linux kernel module which provides one or more
  virtual DVB adapters. When loaded, it creates a char device
  of the form /dev/dvbloop<num> for every virtual DVB adapter.
  All Transport Stream packets written to a char device will
  be delivered on the corresponding virtual DVB adapter.

  You can get the sources at
  http://cpn.dyndns.org/projects/dvbloop.shtml

  Maybe somebody finds it useful.

  Cheers,
  Christian.
  --
  Christian Praehauser"

the link seems to be outdated, but the following is still
working https://svn.baycom.de/repos/dvbloop/.

A S2API patch is out as well:
http://www.vdrportal.de/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=24024

I've no idea if this is working well or not, I'm not using it myself.
YMWV

Roland