List:       linux-dvb
Subject:    [linux-dvb] Request for hardware
From:       Steven Toth <stoth () linuxtv ! org>
Date:       2009-04-25 15:11:06

> This device is supported in Markus's closed source driver only.  It
> will not be merged into the mainline kernel, and there are no plans at
> this time for anyone else to reverse engineer the Micronas demod and
> write an open source driver.

Message to all:

If some kind individual would mail me a Cinergy HTC USB stick, with the Micronas
Demod, then I'd be happy to spend my free time reverse engineering the demod and
creating a GPL driver.

I'm tired of the Micronas nonsense so let's get a barebones GPL driver in v4l-dvb.

If someone will ship me the hardware I'll do the rest.

- Steve