List:       linux-dump-users
Subject:    Re: [Dump-users] QFA on DLT drives?
From:       Stelian Pop <stelian () popies ! net>
Date:       2004-04-27 10:15:27

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 12:01:01PM +0200, Dick Visser wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Stelian Pop wrote:
>
> > GNU mt (part of tar package) is seriously flawed.
>
> Hmmm, could you comment on this (maybe a URI?)?
> I am using this version on all my machine :)

I can't seem to find any relevant pointer but IIRC GNU mt
is supposed to be 'portable', while mt-st is a modified
version of mt which understands special ioctls used by
the Linux st driver (mt-st is developed by Kai Makisara,
the st driver author).

Many Linux users have had problems when using the GNU mt,
and those problems magically disapeared when switching to
mt-st.

Stelian.
--
Stelian Pop <stelian@popies.net>