List:       linux-diald
Subject:    Duplicated routes using gated
From:       "Carlos Perez Gonzalez" <charlie () hl ! minaz ! cu>
Date:       2000-08-07 13:04:19

Hi:

I'm using diald to start a connection to my ISP. I have gated
running. In diald's configuration file there's a comment about setting the
remote address to be the same as local and disabling the "dynamic" option.
I did so but diald does not start the connection. The only way it does is
setting both addresses to be different, but it rises a conflict between
the routes for the slip and ppp interfaces. I can stablish the conection,
but the route to my ISP can only be used from the server. There's also
an aditional problem: if I start the conection by doing a ping to mi ISP's
address diald starts the connection but ping does not work unless I
restart it. If a process starts a connection then must be restarted after
the connection has been established.

What can I do?

Here are my diald.conf and gated.conf files.

Thanks

--
- Carlos Perez Gonzalez
- E-Mail: charlie@hl.minaz.cu

["diald.conf" (application/octet-stream)]
["gated.conf" (application/octet-stream)]
-