List:       linux-diald
Subject:    Almost failed connects keep link up
From:       Craig St George <craig () exponnel ! co ! nz>
Date:       1999-11-29 9:14:49

Hi I saw some discussion in the archive out this sort of thing with banner
sites
I m haveing a problem where say a client machine to the one running diald
starts an ftp  session and doesn't get through

diald starts fine then disconnects and then a couple minutes latter comes
up again and so on and so on

when I do a netstat -a I see that the FTP session is still active and is
sending a sync packet in the out queue and never lets go. This also happens
for some other sites eg
http://aardvark.co.nz they have a java applet on the page if you go to the
site close a browser diald still comes back up

I assume it is to do with the dymanic IP address that I use and the
connection stays to the old ip is there somthing I can do to say get rid of
these in my ip-down script ?

-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-diald" in