List:       linux-diald
Subject:    Re: Additional information on my diald problem
From:       Gyepi SAM <gyepi () praxis-sw ! com>
Date:       1999-09-27 22:17:45

I noticed that you are still having trouble with this, so I looked at
your email again.
Sorry for the high response latency.

On Sat, Sep 25, 1999 at 10:54:08PM +0100, Iain Stevenson wrote:

> My diald.conf is:-
>
> mode ppp
> fifo /etc/ppp/diald.fifo
> connect /etc/ppp/chat_script.diald
> disconnect "/usr/sbin/chat -t15 -V -f /etc/ppp/chat_disconnect_script"
> device /dev/modem

Try making this point to a real device, not a symlink.
[rest looked fine]

> My chat_script.diald is:-
>
> #!/bin/sh
> #
> exec /usr/sbin/chat -v    \

Why the exec?  Remove it.

[example of succesful manual connection snipped]

--
  Gyepi Sam  --+--  Designer/Programmer  --+--  Network/System Administrator
  gyepi@praxis-sw.com         --+--          http://www.praxis-sw.com/gyepi

  To craunch a marmoset. -- Pedro Carolino, "English as She is Spoke"

-