List:       linux-crypto
Subject:    RE: Announce loop-AES-v1.3b file crypto package
From:       "IT3 Stuart B. Tener, USNR-R" <stuart () bh90210 ! net>
Date:       2001-07-12 3:44:26

Mr. Touloumtzis:

	I am sorry I misunderstood you, it just did not really seem clear to me,
thank you for your clarification.

	After having read Mr. Harris' reply to my commentary, I plan to implement
an AES-256bit encryption technology for use with my files and encryption of
logon and other areas.

	However, if I choose a pass phrase, say five randomly chosen words (five to
seven characters each) preceded by a random number in each case, then do you
perceive that AES would be fast enough to not inhibit the use of the
computer for doing normal work when applied against a file placed on an
already existent filesystem?

Very Respectfully,

Stuart Blake Tener, IT3, USNR-R, N3GWG
Beverly Hills, California
VTU 1904G (Volunteer Training Unit)
stuart@bh90210.net
west coast: (310)-358-0202 P.O. Box 16043, Beverly Hills, CA 90209-2043
east coast: (215)-338-6005 P.O. Box 45859, Philadelphia, PA 19149-5859

Telecopier: (419)-715-6073 fax to email gateway via www.efax.com (it's
free!)

JOIN THE US NAVY RESERVE, SERVE YOUR COUNTRY, AND BENEFIT FROM IT ALL.

Wednesday, July 11, 2001 8:35 PM