List:       linux-crypto
Subject:    Re: AES -LWR-IV encrypting without kernel recomplile?
From:       Phil H <philtickle200 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2006-02-02 9:29:36

The recent version of Truecrypt now claims to  implement LWR I think, mainly in \
response to well-aimed criticisms by  people like Jari.  What shoudl be of concern is \
that it took so long  for Truecrypt to wake up to this issue in the first place.
    I have no idea if that in fact resolves Truecrypt's brokeness - it would be \
interesting to know.
    On linux it requires the device mapper stuff, hence a 2.6.something  kernel that \
is capable of this.   But it can only mount, not create,  encrypted volumes under \
linux - that you have to under windoze -  and  this is a tremendous bore.  malvert \
<mavert@telenet.be> wrote:
    Hi all
  It seems that this discussion kind of got stalled way back in early 2005.
  Is a solution to be expected soon for this rather awkward situation.
  I would   by far prefer a 'non-broken' AES-LWR encryption without the hassle of
  tinkering with kernel recompile. As I understand it, this is mainly a linux
  kernel shortcoming.

  malv

  -