List:       linux-crypto
Subject:    Strange problem
From:       Jay Davis <Jay () Firebug ! Com>
Date:       2002-04-01 1:18:35

Hi all.  I'm rather new to linux crypto, so any help with this problem would
be appreciated.  Here's what I did.

a)	Installed kernel 2.4.18, all necessary loopback patches, crypto patches,
etc.
b)	Compiled the crypto modules right into the kernel
c)	Compiled new kernel, everything works fine.  Startup lists installed
ciphers, I can view them in /proc.
d)	Downloaded util-linux-2.11n source
e)	Patched with util-linux-2.11n.patch
f)	tried to compile mount, umount, losetup
f)	got an error about redefining dev_t
g)	found a script to fix dev_t in loop.h, ran that.
f)	Recompiled mount, umount, losetup - works now.
g)	Replaced existing /bin/ programs with the new ones.
h)	Created a new crypto FS as in the FAQ (mounted it to a loopback device,
then mounted that in a folder.)  Worked fine.
I)	Copied files to the mounted directory.
No problems, can run ls and they show up.

now here's the problem.

umount /mycryptodir

OR

umount /dev/loop0

both lock the system hard.  Total freeze, numlock doesn't even work.  I have
to cycle power to get the thing to reboot.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Jay Davis
-