List:       linux-crypto
Subject:    Questions on boot time crypto-swap for Debian
From:       Dale Amon <amon () vnl ! com>
Date:       2002-03-31 14:51:19

I'm trying to work out how to cleanly integrate a
cryptoswap option into the normal rcS.d scripts, but
seem to be stuck in a catch-22.

I have to set up the swap partition before the first
swapon -a; this occurs in S10checkroot.sh.

Since a system might be running devfs, I also have
the constraint of doing it after S01devfsd; so all
would seem okay... except that I need /dev/urandom,
and it is not available until S55urandom because it
writes files in /var/lib.

The root fs is not writeable until after S10checkroot.sh,
so I can't change the sequence.

Does anyone see a way out of this quandary?

    Nuke bin Laden:           Dale Amon, CEO/MD
  improve the global          Islandone Society
     gene pool.               www.islandone.org