List:       linux-crypto
Subject:    RE: loop-AES supported ciphers
From:       "IT3 Stuart Blake Tener, USNR-R" <stuart () bh90210 ! net>
Date:       2002-02-28 20:42:11

Herbert:

	I never said you had an issue with giving users a choice of
algorithms to choose from, I am just stating that cryptoapi needs to
become a permanent part of the Linus kernel before people will begin to
accept it.

	As it is now, every time I rebuild my kernel, I need to build,
install and merge the NVIDIA drivers, and the ltmodem drivers. I don't
want to think that building a new kernel is going to turn into a massive
issues, just so I can patch it to use crypto. Too much trouble. I do
however, agree that a the idea of a cryptoapi in general (in the kernel)
is a good one, if it is going to be part of all standard kernels from
now forward.

	In other words if knowing what kernel version cryptoapi works
with can be more complicated than any kernel after version x.y.z, then
it will not be an easily deployable patch. Does your cryptoapi work
flawlessly with a Linus kernel of 2.4.18, or 2.4.19pre1?

Very Respectfully,

Stuart Blake Tener, IT3 (E-4), USNR-R, N3GWG
Beverly Hills, California
VTU 1904G (Volunteer Training Unit)
stuart@bh90210.net
west coast: (310)-358-0202 P.O. Box 16043, Beverly Hills, CA 90209-2043
east coast: (215)-338-6005 P.O. Box 45859, Philadelphia, PA 19149-5859

Telecopier: (419)-715-6073 fax to email gateway via www.efax.com (it's
free!)

JOIN THE US NAVY RESERVE, SERVE YOUR COUNTRY, AND BENEFIT FROM IT ALL.

Thursday, February 28, 2002 12:40 PM