List:       linux-crypto
Subject:    questions about cipher speeds --->
From:       Newsmail <newsmail () satimex ! tvnet ! hu>
Date:       2001-12-16 21:45:38

well I read this about cipher speeds in that
http://crypto.radiusnet.net/archive/aes/aes-performance.pdf review,
concerning Twofish:
Twhofish is the fastest AES candidate on Pentium (and other 32 bit cpus)
and second faster on Pentium Por/Pentium II.  Its key setup is about
average, however for applications where key setup is a large factor in
encryption speed (for small amount of text) there are alternate
implementations of twofish that trade of encryption speed for key setup speed.
well, as I saw in that review, they made benchmarks about key setup speeds.
is there somebody who could tell me what is key setup actually? so if we
talk about my 10-20 gigs of HD to be encrypted, do I have to be concerned
about key setup speed? or when do I have to be concerned? what is key setup
exactly? :D
greg,
thx in advance

-