List:       linux-coda
Subject:    File Locking
From:       Len Burns <lburns () sasquatch ! com>
Date:       1999-07-27 0:44:11

ok, with the gracious help of people on this list, things continue to
move forward with coda over here.  Here is a practical problem I would
encounter using coda for home directors.  We use qmail over here
rather than Berkeley sendmail.  This means that inboxes are located in
a user's home directory, rather than /var/mail or some other such
place.  I have dug around a bit but am not finding a clear answer as
to how coda handles file locking.  This is one of the problems with
nfs as well.  If a user runs pine or whatever mua of choice, it must
have some means of handling file locking.  Thoughts?  TIA

-Len