List:       linux-cluster
Subject:    HA working group meeting at OLS
From:       Alan Robertson <alanr () unix ! sh>
Date:       2001-06-19 4:52:55

Hi,

Lars Marowsky-Bree of SuSE has scheduled a working group meeting for the
Ottawa Linux Symposium (OLS) http://www.linuxsymposium.org/ The dates are
July 25-28.  The exact timing for this working group meeting has not been
finalized but is expected to be between 1.5 and 3 hours.

The working group topic is High-Availability clusters.

I have asked for some time during the working group meeting to discuss the
cluster framework proposal which I have discussed on this mailing list in
recent days.  As you know, this proposal is not restricted to HA clusters,
but will eventually cover services for HPC clusters as well.

My funding for attending OLS is dependent on there being people for me to
discuss the framework proposal with at the working group meeting.  PLEASE
consider attending, and let me know ASAP (like Tuesday or Wednesday) if you
plan on attending the working group.

An incomplete rough draft of the cluster framework proposal can be found
here:
	http://linux-ha.org/framework/

	-- Alan Robertson
	   alanr@unix.sh

Linux-cluster: generic cluster infrastructure for Linux
Archive:       http://mail.nl.linux.org/linux-cluster/