List:       linux-cifs
Subject:    Re: multiuser kerberised cifs via autofs needs root ticket cache
From:       "Robert J. Hendelman Jr" <rob () hendelman ! net>
Date:       2013-04-30 16:08:24

On 30/04/13 16:07, Peter Parzer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 30.04.2013 15:22, schrieb Jeff Layton:
> >
> > No, that's not what I'm saying at all. You can get the same effect by
> > setting up credentials for root in /etc/krb5.keytab. Just pass in the
> > correct username= mount option for the principal that you want root to
> > be.
> >

> Not exactly on the topic, but I have been struggling a long time with
> this question. How can I setup credentials for root in
> /etc/krb5.keytab? I do the cifs multiuser mount in /etc/fstab at boot
> time. To create Kerberos tickets for root I have a network if-up hook
> with the command "net ads kerberos kinit -P". Is there an easier way
> using the keytab file?

I was originally trying to do something similar.

See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/upstart/+bug/1130781 for my Ubuntu bug \
report for more info.

The bug report probably doesn't concern you, but I do have a working fstab line & \
pointers to a discussion about this earlier.

When I log into my (XFCE) desktop (twice - probably a bug), I have my ticket created \
and accessing files in my homedir (smb mounted) works just fine.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Robert