List:       linux-btrfs
Subject:    Re: how to rollback / to a snapshot ?
From:       "Lentes, Bernd" <bernd.lentes () helmholtz-muenchen ! de>
Date:       2021-05-31 15:22:21

----- On May 28, 2021, at 5:55 PM, Remi Gauvin remi@georgianit.com wrote:

> On 2021-05-28 11:36 a.m., Lentes, Bernd wrote:
> >

> > I try to follow your guide another time, and just before the reboot i will check
> > grub-mkrelpath to see if it has changed to @. If yes i will start grub-mkconfig,
> > so that @ is set in the rootflags.
> > I will also check /boot/grub/grub.cfg.
> >

> The grub-mkrelpath will be @_bad so long as are still booted in that
> subvolume,,, but grub.cfg should not change on reboot.. Ie, it it was
> subvol=@ when we started, it should still be the same when rebooting.
>
> Something changed it when you rebooted while following the steps I
> outlined. (Or there was some kind of kernel related package updates
> running at the time you were doing this.)

Hi Remi,

i finally suceeded. My collegue started accidentally an upgrade from 16.04 to 18.04.
This upgrade didn't finished because the disk got full.
First i had to free up some disk space.
Then i saw that during shutdown the upgrade continued. This is surely the culprit for \
updating my grub.cfg. Today i booted with a live cd, changed grub.cfg to '@' instead \
of '@_bad', and afterwards PC bootet into the right configuration without any \
problem.

Thank you very much for your help. Great !

Bernd

["smime.p7s" (application/pkcs7-signature)]