List:       linux-btrfs
Subject:    Re: nodatacow questions
From:       Stefanie Leisestreichler <stefanie.leisestreichler () peter-speer ! de>
Date:       2020-04-29 21:23:40

On 29.04.20 21:00, Hugo Mills wrote:
>     At least for the VM images, use raw files, not qcow2, and it's
> probably best to not use btrfs inside the image -- you want to reduce
> the number of layers of CoW.

Thanks, Hugo.
These machines are already set up in the way you mentioned and will need
migration only if the new host is up and running.

Now, after hours of reading, diving and planing a possible btrfs setup I
am still not sure if using btrfs is the right choice or if I should stay
with mdadm/luks/lvm/ext4...