List:       linux-btrfs
Subject:    Re: help request for an unmountable raid1 filesystem
From:       Chris Murphy <lists () colorremedies ! com>
Date:       2019-03-31 21:34:53

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 5:43 PM Glenn Trigg <ggtrigg@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> Thanks for replying.
>
> On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 at 13:27, Chris Murphy <lists@colorremedies.com> wrote:
> > Seem in conflict. I don't really understand how the kernel complains
> > about a bad super and yet user space tools say they're all OK.  What
> > happens if you try:
> >
> > # mount -o ro,nologreplay,usebackuproot
>
> I got essentially the same results...
>
> % mount -o ro,nologreplay,usebackuproot /dev/sda1
> mount: /data: can't read superblock on /dev/sda1.

I'm confused because "can't read superblock" isn't found in fs/btrfs.
I'm only finding it in fs/gfs2/ops_fstype.c

From what you provided, /dev/sda1 definitely has a valid btrfs
superblock. I wonder if there's some other stale something or other on
this partition?

What do you get for

$ sudo blkid
$ sudo wipefs -an /dev/sda1
$ sudo mount -v -o ro,nologreplay,usebackuproot

--
Chris Murphy