List:       linux-btrfs
Subject:    Re: BTRFS partition over a SSD got totally broken on Ubuntu 18.10 -> errno=-17 Object already exists
From:       Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo () wpkg ! org>
Date:       2019-03-16 15:31:56

> I have a BTRFS partititon on a Toshiba TR200 SSD . Two days ago, it
> got to readonly mode. Inspecting the dmesg I got this :

> Linux blackbox-linux 4.16.2-041602-generic #201804121130 SMP Thu Apr

btrfs, while improved a lot in the past years, still hits some issues,
though it depends on the usage case and the kernel. Many people,
including me, run it without and data consistency issues for years on
many servers.

As mentioned before - a lot of depends on the kernel in use. Your kernel
is 4.16.x, which, by btrfs standards, is quite old and outdated.

Ubuntu makes it easy to use a newer kernel:

https://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/

While for systems without btrfs I'd rather stick with a distribution
kernel, for systems with btrfs - I'd typically use a ppa kernel from
above.

Tomasz Chmielewski
https://lxadm.com