List:       linux-btrfs
Subject:    Re: Can't cp --reflink files on a Ext4-converted FS w/o checksums
From:       Robert White <rwhite () pobox ! com>
Date:       2014-11-28 7:12:56

On 11/27/2014 01:27 AM, Duncan wrote:
> Robert White posted on Wed, 26 Nov 2014 15:18:26 -0800 as excerpted:
>
>> I also don't see anything in the code that says "this ioctl will create
>> the checksums for the selected file" so you may have to do the copy you
>> tried to avoid.
> Note that btrfs check has an --init-csum-tree switch.

I thought about that, but I doubt it's going to go through all the
inodes and clear the NODATASUM bit from the inode flags where it's been
set by something such as the conversion using -d or setting the
NODATACOW flag (e.g. the +C attribute).

So while that will, hopefully, recalculate the checksums on the regular
files I don't think it would have fixed his problem since those files
weren't "regular" at that point.