Hi, I wonder how I should handle missing space on the backup device when doing incremental backup with btrfs send? I mean for the initial bootstrap it is easy, I simply compare the free space of the target device with the size of home (we are talking about incremental backups of home), but how should I handle this with sudo btrfs send -p @home-backup @home-backup | sudo btrfs receive /mnt/backup/ What will happen by default if the space on the target is not enough? Will the command start writing to /mnt/backup/ at all and stop when the disk is full, or will it return an error code? If it doesn't return an error code, how can I handle this before the transaction? Thanks in advance! -- To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-btrfs" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html