List:       linux-btrfs
Subject:    Re: Root fs on raid1
From:       Goffredo Baroncelli <kreijack () libero ! it>
Date:       2010-11-29 17:57:52

On Monday, 29 November, 2010, you (Erik Jensen) wrote:
> I have a similar setup on one of my computers.  I set it up a while ago
> using an initramfs, but I could not get the device scan to work properly,
> for whatever reason.  I ended up having it just trying to mount every device
> in the array in turn.  When it gets to the last device, the array mounts
> since btrfs now knows about all of the other ones.  Really ugly, I know, but
> it works.

I also had a lot of problem to get a btrfs-aware initramfs working properly.
One of the biggest proble was to find the right list of modules. Btrfs depends
by crc32c, and I need a lot of retries to discover it.

The main problem was that if the module is not available (it is the case of a
initramfs) btrfs doesn't start...

When you say " it just trying to mount every device in the array in turn", do
you mean in the initarmfs ?