List:       linux-bridge
Subject:    [Bridge] bridging problem- protocol driver not attached
From:       Kreienkamp_Scot/mcewen () mcewen ! wcnet ! org
Date:       2001-02-22 14:08:25

["BDY.TXT" (text/plain)]

Hi all...

I am trying to setup a bridge using an IBM token ring card and an
ethernet card, to do bridging between the two networks.  I have
successfully done an ethernet-ethernet bridge, but when I try to bring
up the bridge using the same commands with the token ring card I get
the following error:

Protocol driver not attached

Running brcfg shows that eth0 has entered the bridge, but tr0 (token
ring card) has not.  Does anyone have any ideas, or can point me in the
direction for figuring out what is going on?  I need to bridge the two
networks while I build a new ethernet network, and I can't do routing
because the windoze boxes are mostly running netbeui only.

TIA

Scot Kreienkamp

PS- I'm not on the list, please cc me directly on replies.  Thanks!

["WINMAIL.DAT" (application/ms-tnef)]