List:       linux-bridge
Subject:    [Bridge] IPv6 UDP responses not transmitting
From:       k1gto () comcast ! net
Date:       2014-12-05 17:16:56

[Attachment #2 (text/html)]

Looking for suggestions for next steps -<br><br>My linux wifi access point =
"bluepi" has two physical interfaces - wifi and eth0. Those are joined in a=
 bridge called br0. br0 is auto-assigning itself two IPv6 "SLAAC" addresses=
 - one address is based on eth0 mac  and the other is based on wifi interfa=
ce mac. I find it odd that it assigns two - one of which does not correspon=
d to the MAC of br0. This is the address that has issues. <br><br>From anot=
her device on ethernet network I can ping6 both v6 addresses but SNMP queri=
es to one of the addresses fail to see a response. Tcpdump on the access po=
int shows that a response is "sent" but the response packet is not seen by =
the requestor. <br><br>Ipv6 SNMP requests originating from the *wifi* inter=
face to the device's br0 are successful against both SLAAC addresses. So pr=
oblem happens on ethernet side of the bridge. Perhaps flip flopping based o=
n order of interfaces being added to bridge. <br><br>I have Arpwatch runnin=
g on the same network and it tells me that bluepi  (interface br0) tends to=
 flip-flop it's mac when the device is rebooted sometimes. Not sure why.<br=
ments (as opposed to one)? I need to determine if this is a known issue or =
n]