List:       linux-bridge
Subject:    [Bridge] BPDU in transparent bridge
From:       "Igor Smolyar" <xrevolver () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-12-15 10:29:00

Hi,

I have Linux bridge between two switches that run STP.

switch1-----Linux bridge-----switch2.

Linux bridge planned to inspect all traffic, being absolutely
transparent and take no part in STP.
According to my tests with latest 2.6.27.9 and from what I understand
from few threads in this list (correct me if I wrong),
Linux bridge does not forward BPDU, bridge should use them.
I refer to Stephen patch:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-2.6.27.y.git;a=commitdiff;h=43aa1920117801fe9ae3d1fad886b62511e09bee

In case I need completely transparent bridge, what are my options would be?

Thanks ,Igor.