List:       linux-bridge
Subject:    Re: [Bridge] RSTP implementation
From:       Stephen Hemminger <shemminger () linux-foundation ! org>
Date:       2007-04-11 17:11:53

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:27:17 +0200
tw05k121@technikum-wien.at wrote:

> Hi,
>
> for a universitary project, RSTP (802.1D-2004, Ch. 17) shall be
> implemented on an embedded linux device.
>
> My questions: were there any further developments since the version
> from Marco Goetze, which was available for download on
> http://linux-net.osdl.org/index.php/Talk:Bridge ?
> On the site is announced that it is unusable and that some pieces are
> missing. Is there any documentation about 'why' it's unusable and
> 'what' is missing so somebody (like me) might be able to finish the
> work?
>

> thanks in advance for any info!
>
> Mario Gartner

We are close to having a user level RSTP..
Aji Srinivas did a version, but it had a number of things I wanted to fix
before releasing. The kernel pieces are in the pre 2.6.22 tree. And
the user-level code is in git tree:

	git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/shemminger/rstp.git

IT DOESN'T WORK YET.

--
Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@linux-foundation.org>