List:       linux-bridge
Subject:    Re: [Bridge] Is bridgeing possible with kernel 2.6.10
From:       Juergen Pfeiffer <j.pfeiffer () seskion ! de>
Date:       2006-12-28 9:52:31

Danny Stemmet schrieb:
> Good day Jürgen,
>
> We're doing work for a client and need bridging of the 2 FEC on
> Coldfire 5474.  It uses the same driver as the one you mentioned in
> your mail to the list.
>
> I've applied the code changes as you mentioned, but get an error
> saying FEC_RCR_PROM is undefined..
>
> Is there more I would need to add to the code to get it to work?
>
> Using LTIB to build the bridge-utils package.

Hi Danny

FEC_RCR_PROM is defined in "fec.h".

It's quite some time ago, and i also repaired a second problem. In
promiscuous mode (allways with bridging), the packet that was sent, was
also received by the own receiver. This received own packet made a wrong
entry in the bridging tabel. So my second change was to disable
receiving while transmitting.

Because i do not remember the exact location of my changes, i append a
file "fec.tar", including fec.c and fec.h.

greetings
Jürgen Pfeiffer

	* _mailto:j.pfeiffer@seskion.de_
SesKion Softwareentwicklung und System Konzeption GmbH

	( : +49-711-9905814
Karlsruher Str. 11/1

	Fax: +49-711-9905827
D-70771 Leinfelden-Echterdingen