List:       linux-bridge
Subject:    [Bridge] Bridging problem! Unable to browse the internet thro' the station which associated to HostA
From:       "Manjunathan PY" <pymanju () miel ! mot ! com>
Date:       2002-06-20 10:11:21

Hi,
   I have setup a bridge between wirless LAN and Wired LAN as shown below

			  (Bridge Br0 on Linux box)
			    ____________________
                     |       	   		|
station....air if....wlan0---HostAP---eth0---wiredLAN---Proxy---internet
			   |____________________|

I am not able to browse the internet from the station.  I used ethereal on
the HostAP linux box (which is also acting as bridge )
to monitor the http request, I noticed that http request reaches the
internet Proxy server. But the station is not able to receive any packets
from the internet proxy.

Note: I used bride-utils by Lennert Buytenhenk  for setting the bridge in
the HostAP linux box , I am using Prism2 HostAP driver.
Route table is as follows
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use
Iface
217.1.128.0     *                255.255.255.0   U     0      0       0 br0
loopback        *                255.0.0.0       U     0      0       0 lo
default         gateway.irc.com  0.0.0.0         UG    0      0       0 br0

Can any one please explain why I am NOT able to browse the internet?
How to rectify the same!

Thanks inadvance,
Manjunathan Padua Y