List:       linux-bridge
Subject:    [Bridge] Looking for recommendation?
From:       "Zacharyb" <zacharyb () dnsfirm ! com>
Date:       2002-05-31 17:56:18

Can anyone make a recommentation for the following:

My office has a T1 from Qwest for our Internet connection, a T1 from a local
ISP that provides us with a PTP to our Co-lo. The Qwest T1 has public IP's,
the T1 from the local ISP has private.

At the colo we have 10 servers, 5 public and 5 private.

In the office we also have some public servers.

We are tired of having to pay high rates for the Nokia IP440 support and
software upgrades, etc...

I would like to do the following:

Qwest -> Office_router -> Firewall Box with 4 nic's
					 0- Public IP , going to Qwest for Internet
					 1- Private T1 , going to local ISP colo
					 2- Private office switch , for workstations
					 3- Public office switch , for web servers

I would use:
IPTABLES w/NAT for eth0 to protect the internet connection
IPTABLES w/Bridge for private_net_bridge
    Then bridge eth1 and eth2

Can anyone recommend a better way of doing this?

Thanks
zack