List:       linux-bridge
Subject:    [Bridge] setageing max
From:       Kurt Wagner <kwagner () cosy ! sbg ! ac ! at>
Date:       2001-05-31 16:53:48

Hi,

the maximum aging time for my bridge seems to be 42,94 seconds. When I do

  brctl setageingtime my_bridge 43

the aging time becomes 0.05 seconds, so it wraps around (similar with
other values greater than 42,94...).

Where does this threshhold come from? I would need far larger ageingtimes
for my setup (the capabilty to make a permanent static entry to the fdb
would be fine, but in my case a very great aging time would do the trick
too...).

So is this small maximum ageing time intended behavior?

Kurt