List:       linux-bridge
Subject:    [Bridge] bridging and the netfiler patches from feb 3rd
From:       Andrew Burke <burke () pas ! rochester ! edu>
Date:       2001-02-09 20:58:10

After applying the netfilter patches from feb 3rd to 2.4.1 (i saw this
happen w/ 2.4.0-test12 w/ older netfilter patches, too, but didn't know
the correllation) the networking seems to generally be broken.  If I try
to ping something without the patch, everything is fine.  However, if I
try to ping w/ the patch, the latency increases by 2 seconds each time.

I have a bridge br0 with eth[0..3] in it.  I then assign an ip to the
bridge and everything works fine w/o the netfilter patches.  With those
patches, though, you'll see something like this:

ping <host>

... latency = 2000ms
... latency = 4000ms
... latency = 6000ms
... latency = 8000ms etc.

I can ssh to it from the outside, it'll connect and ask for the password,
but then it'll hang.

Any ideas?

This is an Athlon box w/ 4 netgear FA310tx cards (dec tulip based) in it.

							andy