List:       linux-bridge
Subject:    [Bridge] 2 IP addresses for bridge?
From:       Alex Walker <alex () x3ja ! co ! uk>
Date:       2000-10-26 0:23:00

Sorry - I'm fairly new to hacking around with low-level stuff like this,
so bear with me.

Up till now I've been using bridged, which does a good job, but somehow
gradually grows in memory and processor... and since the development of
that has ceased - I've decided to try the new kernel stuff.

Basically I am attatched to a university network say 199.199.*.* and I
have an internal network 10.4.3.*.

- I want my linux box (exodus) to bridge everything but IP stuff, which
  I want passed through ipchains to MASQ to the external network.

- I also need to be able to ssh (or whatever) to exodus from my internal
  network and from the university network.

AFAICS I need to give the bridge both the IPs which my cards currently
have (one internal, one external).

I know you can do this with the ifcfg-eth0:0 and ifcfg-eth0:1 things for
normal interfaces, but how do you do it for a bridge?

Sorry if this is a simple question, but I have read through the docs 'n'
things and found nothing about this.  Hope I'm not being blind.

Cheers for any help!

aLeX