List:       linux-bluetooth
Subject:    Re: Temporary device removal during discovery
From:       Andrey Batyiev <batyiev () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-07-08 22:57:06

Hi Luiz,

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 12:14 AM Luiz Augusto von Dentz
<luiz.dentz@gmail.com> wrote:
> The delta logic might be a nice addition as a separate patch, it is
> more for detecting devices disappearing then actually cleanup during
> power off.
No-no, it's not about adapter powering off.

I meant that (external) devices never disappear from the bluez device
list during the discovery,
even if the (external) devices are turned off (i.e. they should be
purged by bluez).

So:
- bluez is central
- bluez is discovering
- peripheral appear for a moment, than disappear (i.e. peripheral
would be turned off)
- bluez would not remove device from the list (at least until
discovery is stopped)

Use case:
- bluez is monitoring environment (discovering literally forever)
- peripherals are brought in and out of bluez visibility range
- bluez list of visible devices grows infinitely and causes problems
(hundreds of devices)

Thanks,
   Andrey