List:       linux-bluetooth
Subject:    Fallout from commit 70fdb77 "audio/avrcp: Fix not always requesting capabilities"
From:       Ivan Shapovalov <intelfx () intelfx ! name>
Date:       2016-03-31 17:00:53

Hello,

The commit 70fdb7 "audio/avrcp: Fix not always requesting capabilities"
introduced a series of bugs where the code thinks that session-
> controller->player cannot be NULL, but in fact it can be so. The first
one was fixed in 177d27 "audio/avrcp: Fix crash when connecting to controllers", but \
there remain multiple code pathes via avrcp_register_notification() -> callback -> \
avrcp_handle_event() -> avrcp_{status,track,playback_pos,settings,uids}_changed() \
where session->controller->player may be dereferenced.

I'm unsure how to fix that properly (either not register notifications,
or ignore specific callbacks if s->c->player is NULL), so I'm just
reporting this.

Ref.:  https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/48644

--
Ivan Shapovalov / intelfx /

Please Cc: me on replies as I'm not subscribed to the list.