List:       linux-bluetooth
Subject:    Making serial (rfcomm0) work, need magic incantation,
From:       Gene Heskett <gene.heskett () verizon ! net>
Date:       2010-02-27 17:04:04

Greetings all;

How does one go about, on linux, making /dev/rfcomm0 available to the likes
of minicom?

Its there, blueman-manager says I have a good signal most of the time, that
it is trusted and bonded.  lsof discloses no open paths to the device, but
minicom claims it is in use and exits.  There is a shell running on the other
end that should give me a system prompt from that system.

I have restarted /etc/init.d/bluetooth several times to no avail.

It may become usable if I reboot this machine, but that isn't how its
supposed to work I don't think.

So what sort of a magic spell do I need here?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)