List:       linux-bluetooth
Subject:    Re: A2DP sink indications + autoclose after suspension
From:       Luiz Augusto von Dentz <luiz.dentz () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-02-23 20:14:49

Hi,

2010/2/23 Jacek Szczech <jszczech@8planet.net>:
> Hi,
>
> I succeeded writing a program that receives a2dp stream (from my mobile
> phone), decodes and sends to stdout using unix/ipc interface. It'll be run on
> old hw without X enviroment, that's why I didn't use already available
> software (like pulseaudio).
>
> I faced a few problems connected with suspension of stream:
>
> 1) Unix.c does not support indications (am I right?). How can I detect changes
> of states (e.g. OPEN<->STREAMING)? I can detect suspension with EAGAIN on
> stream_fd but it does not seem to be proper solution. Do you plan to support
> indications in unix/ipc interface?

You can listen for State on Audio interface or in the profile specific
interfaces such as AudioSource/AudioSink/Headset.

> 2) Will it be possible to get indications concerning OPEN<->STREAMING changes
> on dbus Media interface?

Media interface is just for endpoint registration, but again you can
achieve the same by listen to State changes e.g. Connected <-> Playing

> 3) After suspension of stream (SUSPEND sent from SRC) the stream
> is CLOSEd after about 10 seconds. What part of code disconnects this? Is it a
> way to avoid this?

Afaik this is not triggered if there is a unix client holding a lock,
so if e.g. the headset reconnects you have to claim the socket
otherwise it will timeout.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz
Computer Engineer