List:       linux-bluetooth
Subject:    Re: bluetooth dead after suspend
From:       Thilo =?utf-8?q?Rie=C3=9Fner?= <thilo () riessner ! de>
Date:       2009-11-17 14:34:12

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 13:33:47 +0100
Thilo Rießner <thilo@riessner.de> wrote:

> Hello, my bluetooth works fine after normal boot, bat after
> suspending and resuming, it is dead. With my old installation
> (openSuSE 11.1) it was the same, but the problem could be solved by
> restarting bluetooth (rcbluetooth restart). With the new openSuSE
> 11.2 the rcbluetooth script vanished. As far as I understood,
> bluetooth gets started via dbus. But even a rcdbus restart does not
> help. Any idea of a quirk or workaround? Thanks in advance for any
> help.

Hello. If your notebook is an ThinkPad you may try to copy the script
[1] into the directory [2]. If this does not help you may consider to
open a bug report in [3] and attach the suspend log file [4].

[1] /usr/share/doc/packages/pm-utils/examples/hooks/49bluetooth
[2] /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/
[3] bugzilla.novell.com
[4] /var/log/pm-suspend.log

Cheers,